Pursuant to a decision by its Conference of Co-founders, the Serbian National Internet Domain Name Registry Foundation (RNIDS) has become a member of the DNS Operations, Analysis, and Research Center (DNS-OARC), which brings together DNS operators, network operators, researchers, software companies and others involved in the research and development of DNS and of the DNS protocol.
DNS-OARC was established by the ISC (Internet Systems Consortium) and CAIDA (Cooperative Association for Internet Data Analysis) in 2003 as an independent, not-for-profit organisation of public significance, with five key functions:
- Facilitating information-sharing between interested parties;
- Measuring the performance of and load on key servers, and describing their behaviour in operation;
- Organising industry workshops;
- Analysing the performance of the DNS and the operation of the DNS in the event of an attack;
- Developing publicly-available tools and services for diagnosing and remedying problems in the operation of the DNS;
By becoming a member of the only organisation engaged in research and development of the DNS and the DNS protocol at the global level, RNIDS will be in a position to access the latest information in the field of DNS, the results of research, and the tools developed by this organisation, as well as to take active part in development projects in an area which comprises one of RNIDS’ core activities.
MORE INFORMATION: https://www.dns-oarc.net